Whether you're celebrating a joyful event or saying farewell to a loved one, the pipes add something special and memorable to any important occasion.
John has played at countless events over the past 30 years, both as a soloist and as a bandsman.
Highlights of his piping career have included playing for the late Queen at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo in Scotland, winning the Hundred Guineas contest (South African championship) and winning the New Zealand Gold Medal for piobaireachd (classical bagpipe music).
He has performed for many weddings and funerals over the years, as well as for birthdays, anniversaries, corporate functions, sporting fixtures and cultural celebrations (St Andrew’s Night, Hogmanay, Burns’ Night, whisky tastings, etc.).
The specifics of his performances are flexible and will depend on your individual requirements. John is very happy to work with you to help you decide what suits you best.
Services for WEDDINGS may include:
· Piping the bride “down the aisle”
· Playing during the ceremony
· Piping the newlyweds out of the ceremony
· Playing background music and posing for wedding photographs
· Piping the newlyweds into the reception
Services for FUNERALS may include:
· Playing before and during the service
· Piping the casket from the service to the hearse
· Playing in the cemetery for the burial
Services for OTHER EVENTS may include:
· Playing to welcome guests on arrival
· Piping dignitaries and VIPs into the event
· Playing sports teams onto the field
· Piping in the Haggis
Ideal for: wedding, funeral, birthday celebration, celtic function, scottish event, corporate events, graduation ceremonies, burns night, burns supper
Piper John has a very wide repertoire to draw upon for your event.
You can call the tunes or just leave the choice of music up to him.
In the unlikely event that John doesn’t already play a piece which you ask for, he is happy to learn it for you in advance.
Popular traditional pieces that are sometimes requested include:
· Scotland the Brave
· No Awa' Tae Bide Awa'
· The Rowan Tree
· Black Bear
· Loch Lomond
· Amazing Grace
· Skye Boat Song
· Flower of Scotland
· Bluebells of Scotland
· Highland Laddie
· The Green Hills of Tyrol
· Highland Cathedral
· The Wedding March
· Mairi’s Wedding
· The Flowers of the Forest
· Abide With Me
· A man’s a man for a’ that
· Auld Lang Syne
and many more . . .
[powr-form-builder label="Piper John Enquiry"]