Type: Belly Dancer
Candice Frankland is the Director of Phoenix Belly Dance, the award-winning entertainment company and dance troupe who love sharing the art of Middle Eastern Dance!
Candice choreographs works that fuse contemporary concepts with the traditional roots of belly dance to create fresh and funky entertainment for all types of audiences including cosy hen’s parties, to corporate and large public events.
- Winners of the Jambalaya Festival Dance Competition 2012
- Guest artists at NZ Breakers Basketball Games 2011, 2012
- Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park 2012
- Breakfast News TV Show, Kanikani Mai and Pukana (Maori TV shows) 2012, 2013
- International Opening Act at the Sydney Latin Dance Festival 2013
- Pre-entertainment for Comedy King Show in Fiji 2012
- In Nov 2012 Candice and her company also won Best Nationwide Entertainment Company at the Corporate Events People’s Choice Awards!
- Dancers for International Singer, Atif Aslam (Bollywood Rockstar from Pakistan) at ASB Showgrounds.
Candice has been working hard at growing the community and elevating the status of belly dance in New Zealand to be taken as a serious dance form through extraordinary performances and choreographies, theatre shows, collaborations with top dancers in other genres, and hosting talented guest teachers and events like the annual Weekend Belly Dance Retreat.
Candice has had the privilege of performing and teaching overseas in South Africa, Fiji, Turkey, and Australia, and currently runs one of the biggest belly dance schools in New Zealand.
Ideal for: hen’s parties and baby showers, birthdays, weddings, anniversary / engagement Parties, christmas functions, themed parties, public events, concerts and festivals, kid’s parties, promotional launches, stage shows, bollywood functions, corporate function, private party
Phoenix Belly Dance is the largest professional belly dance troupe in New Zealand and consists of 9 performers. They can cater for small and large audiences and offer several options:
- Solo Show – Candice or one of the professional team members will perform a solo act with various props including Isis Wings, Voi, Sword, Finger Cymbals, Veil, Shamadan (Candelabra), fire dancing and more.
- 5-25 minutes for 1 set, or 2-3 sets of up to 20 minutes each (can include costume changes between sets).
- Duet Show – Candice and Suei have a specially created duet show with dynamic choreographies, various matching costumes and interactive sets that have high audience appeal.
- 10-30 minutes for 1 set, or 2-3 sets of up to 20 minutes each (can include costume changes between sets).
- Half Troupe – 4-5 members of the troupe for stage performances (appropriate for smaller stages) will perform a variety of styles including folkloric and modern belly dance
- 10-40 minutes for 1 set, or 2-3 sets of up to 30 minutes each (can include costume changes between sets).
- Full Troupe – up to 9 members of the Phoenix belly Dance troupe will perform their award-winning choreographies for large public events and functions with a large stage space. Their performances have received outstanding feedback!
- 10-60 minutes for 1 set, or 2-3 sets of up to 30 minutes each (can include costume changes between sets).
- Dancers plus musicians:Phoenix Belly Bance work with live musicians as well and can organise a performance with drummers and instrumentalists if a function requires it.
- Turkish and Egyptian style modern belly dance (aka Raqs Sharqi or Orientale)
- Tribal Fusion (contemporary belly dance)
- American Cabaret (flashy form of belly dance with lots of tricks and high entertainment value for western audiences)
- Saidi Cane/Assaya (popular folkloric dance)
- Khaleegy (Persian folk dance)
- Baladi (Egyptian folk dance)
- Drum Solo (can arrange with live drummers as well)
- Shaabi (Egyptian street dance)
- Hagalla (Egyptian Folk dance)-
- Zeffa (Egyptian/Arabic Wedding Dance)
- Veil, Double Veil
- Fire Poi Fire fans
- Isis Wings (various types)
- Shamadan (candelabra), Candle Tray Balancing, Candle Dance
- Finger cymbals (zills), Tambourine
- Veil poi (voi – is a new creation in belly dance with vibrant colours and visually-exciting stage performance possibilities. Candice was the first New Zealand dancer to perform and teach voi and is currently the only manufacturer of voi in NZ)
- Fan veils
- Gypsy skirt dances
- Melayya Leff
Just about to send you and email. The Belly Dance was a great success! Thanks to you and your team for adding this flavour to a very successful night celebrating my wife’s birthday.
Highly recommended and certainly worth a repeat J Everyone was most entertained and many saw this as one of the highlights of the evening.
Marcel van Oosterom
Absolutely fantastic , we had a ball and your entertainment was , as usual top notch .
Even Leighton Smith on ZB yesterday said it was 'The Party Of The Year'
Many thanks once again.
Phoenix Belly Dance
plus Bollywood Sitar Player
It was AMAZING! We had such a good time!
Thank you, I will not hesitate to book again.
Gameloft staff/customer function
[powr-form-builder id=Phoenix Belly Dance Enquiry]
For free quote click on "get a quote" tab